Wednesday, April 3, 2013

DIY Spring/Summer Wreath

Hi All!

I hope that you are enjoying this beautiful day! It is nice to see the sun shining and the temperature rising!

With the weather getting warmer, I have had the gardening and outdoor decor itch. I have mentioned before that my husband and I recently bought a house. Now that the inside is mostly finished, I am ready to tackle the outside projects.  We have a big front porch that is crying out for some fun decor. I decided this week that I would get started on sprucing up the porch.  I wanted to get a spring/summer wreath to hang on our front door. If you don't already know, I am a Pinterest junkie! I pin way more than I actually create, but when I do create something off of Pinterest, I am never disappointed with the results.

I went to Hobby Lobby and did some research. I could by a nice wreath anywhere from $30.00 to $60.00 dollars.  I decided I would create my own hoping to save some cash!

What You Need:

1.  A medium size twig wreath (I bought mine from Hobby Lobby for $7.00)
2. 4 of your favorite large size flowers (I decided to do two different colors for contrast)
3. A wooden letter (I used "R" because of my last name)
4.  Paint to color your wooden letter. (I used a light purple color)
5. Hot glue gun

Total Cost: $23.00

This wreath would make a great gift! It is inexpensive, and you can personalize it!


See below for the final result (it is a little blurry, but you get the point). I had a lot of fun making this wreath, and I am sure it will add fun and color to our front porch!



1 comment: